My Recipe Box
May We Recommend
Sticky Sweet Honey Sesame Drumsticks
My Shopping List
+ Add to Shopping List
Bake, Broil or Grill?
My Recipe Box
Red Curry Udon Noodles
Rate this Recipe
Serves 2 |
Rich and creamy with a bit of spice.
|1 package udon noodles, 10 1/2 oz.|
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1 shallot, finely chopped|
|1 teaspoon grated ginger|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|3 tablespoons tomato paste|
|2 tablespoons mild Thai red curry paste|
|1 2/3 cups unsweetened coconut milk|
|1 tablespoon white miso paste|
|1 tablespoon soy sauce|
|1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce|
|1 tablespoon fish sauce|
|2 tablespoons lime juice|
|1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil|
|2 1/2 oz spinach|
|1 teaspoon black pepper|
|Basil leaves, for garnish|
- Fill a large pot with water and to a boil on high heat. Once boiling, add the udon noodles and cook according to package instructions. Drain the pit and run the noodles under cold water. Set aside.
- Pour vegetable oil into a large skillet and bring to medium-low heat. Once hot, add the shallots, ginger and garlic. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste to the skillet and stir until tomato paste begins to darken. Then add the red curry paste and stir until fully incorporated. Pour the coconut milk into the skillet and stir to combine. The pour in the white miso paste, soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and sesame oil. Stir and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Place the spinach into the skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Then season with ground black pepper and add the basil leaves and udon noodles. Toss until the udon noodles are well-coated.
- Transfer to serving plates and enjoy!
Please Log in to comment
The comments section is here to help you have a great cooking experience. Keep that in mind and be on your best behavior as you chime in. Comments will be monitored and removed if off-topic, rude, or hurtful.
See Other Recipes Like This
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Pack the Perfect Picnic!
Grab your picnic basket and blanket, and get ready for a moveable feast! View Recipes >