Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Enjoy this deconstructed cheeseburger any day of the week.
|12 oz lean ground beef|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 green bell pepper, diced|
|1 yellow onion, diced|
|1 1/2 cups hash brown potatoes, frozen, thawed|
|1 cup tomato sauce|
|1 cup crushed tomatoes|
|1/2 teaspoon dried basil|
|3 slices American cheese, cut into strips, for topping|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add beef. Cook, stirring, until browned, about 10 minutes. Place beef on a paper towel-lined plate and drain. Wipe out skillet.
- Spray skillet with more cooking spray. Add garlic, bell pepper, onion, and potatoes. Cook, stirring, until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in beef, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, and basil.
- Spoon half of beef mixture into a large baking dish. Top with cheese strips. Spoon remaining beef mixture on top. Cover dish with foil. Bake until heated through, about 25 minutes.
- To prepare topping, using a 2-inch star-shaped cookie cutter, cut cheese into shapes. Place over beef mixture for the last 5 minutes of baking. Serve immediately.
|Main Ingredient:||Ground Beef|
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >