Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Enjoy this deconstructed cheeseburger any day of the week.
|12 oz lean ground beef|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 green bell pepper, diced|
|1 yellow onion, diced|
|1 1/2 cups hash brown potatoes, frozen, thawed|
|1 cup tomato sauce|
|1 cup crushed tomatoes|
|1/2 teaspoon dried basil|
|3 slices American cheese, cut into strips, for topping|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add beef. Cook, stirring, until browned, about 10 minutes. Place beef on a paper towel-lined plate and drain. Wipe out skillet.
- Spray skillet with more cooking spray. Add garlic, bell pepper, onion, and potatoes. Cook, stirring, until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in beef, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, and basil.
- Spoon half of beef mixture into a large baking dish. Top with cheese strips. Spoon remaining beef mixture on top. Cover dish with foil. Bake until heated through, about 25 minutes.
- To prepare topping, using a 2-inch star-shaped cookie cutter, cut cheese into shapes. Place over beef mixture for the last 5 minutes of baking. Serve immediately.
|Main Ingredient:||Ground Beef|
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >