Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Potato Soup in Bread Bowls
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Hearty, Rich and absolutely easy!
|6 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes|
|2 onions, diced|
|2 celery ribs, thinly sliced|
|2 carrots, thinly sliced|
|1 teaspoon basil, dried|
|2 cans low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground|
|1/4 cup all-purpose flour|
|2 cups fat-free half and half|
|8 Italian bread bowls|
- Add potatoes, onions, celery, carrots, basil, chicken broth, salt and black pepper to a 4.5 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until vegetables are tender, about 3 hours.
- In a bowl, stir together flour and half and half; stir into soup. Cover slow cooker and cook until thoroughly heated, about 30 minutes.
- Serve in Italian bread bowls.
|Cooking Method:||Slow Cooker|
See Other Recipes Like This
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Oscars with these supremely delicious dishes!
Oscar buzz is in the air. In order to properly honor the occasion, we have a few suggestions on what to serve your guests. Movie themed foods that pay tribute to the nominees. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >