Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Potato Soup in Bread Bowls
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Hearty, Rich and absolutely easy!
|6 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes|
|2 onions, diced|
|2 celery ribs, thinly sliced|
|2 carrots, thinly sliced|
|1 teaspoon basil, dried|
|2 cans low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground|
|1/4 cup all-purpose flour|
|2 cups fat-free half and half|
|8 Italian bread bowls|
- Add potatoes, onions, celery, carrots, basil, chicken broth, salt and black pepper to a 4.5 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until vegetables are tender, about 3 hours.
- In a bowl, stir together flour and half and half; stir into soup. Cover slow cooker and cook until thoroughly heated, about 30 minutes.
- Serve in Italian bread bowls.
|Cooking Method:||Slow Cooker|
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >