Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Potato Soup in Bread Bowls
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Hearty, Rich and absolutely easy!
|6 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes|
|2 onions, diced|
|2 celery ribs, thinly sliced|
|2 carrots, thinly sliced|
|1 teaspoon basil, dried|
|2 cans low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground|
|1/4 cup all-purpose flour|
|2 cups fat-free half and half|
|8 Italian bread bowls|
- Add potatoes, onions, celery, carrots, basil, chicken broth, salt and black pepper to a 4.5 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until vegetables are tender, about 3 hours.
- In a bowl, stir together flour and half and half; stir into soup. Cover slow cooker and cook until thoroughly heated, about 30 minutes.
- Serve in Italian bread bowls.
|Cooking Method:||Slow Cooker|
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >