Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Dry Rubbed Baby Back Ribs with Peach Avocado Salsa
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Rich, Savory and Slightly Sweet
|2 racks baby back ribs|
|1/4 cup chopped cilantro|
|1 avocado, (diced)|
|1/4 cup ground cumin|
|1 teaspoon ground black pepper, (more for taste)|
|1/2 cup fresh lime juice, (plus 2 tablespoons for salsa)|
|6 cloves garlic, (peeled and smashed)|
|2 peaches, (pitted and diced)|
|2 shallots, (minced)|
|1 tablespoon kosher salt, (more for taste)|
|2 tablespoons chili powder|
|1/2 cup honey, (plus 2 tablespoons for salsa)|
|2 tablespoons paprika|
- Mix together paprika, chili powder, kosher salt, black pepper and cumin in a small bowl. Rub baby back ribs with dry rub. Coat evenly. Wrap in plastic wrap and place on rimmed baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Unwrap ribs and pour 1/4 inch of water in the baking sheet. Place in oven and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven, wrap aluminum foil over ribs and place back in oven. Bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- As ribs are baking, combine lime juice, garlic and honey in a blender. Puree until well mixed. Pour mixture into a sauce pan, bring to low heat and simmer for 15 minutes. (Mixture should thicken) Set aside.
- Whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons of honey and lime juice in a bowl. Once mixed, add avocado, cilantro, peaches and shallots. Season with salt and pepper, toss together to combine.
- Remove ribs from oven and remove foil. Raise oven temperature to 425° F. Brush ribs with honey garlic glaze. (Set aside remaining glaze) Return ribs to oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Heat grill to high. Remove ribs from oven, brush ribs again with glaze. Place ribs on oven and cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Serve with peach avocado salsa.
|Cooking Method:||Grill, Bake|
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >