Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Corned Beef on Rye
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
A full-flavored classic sandwich that so easy to make!
|3 cups onion, (sliced thin)|
|2 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|3/4 cup sauerkraut, (drained)|
|1/2 Granny Smith apple, (grated)|
|3 tablespoons water|
|1/2 stick butter, (unsalted, for buttering bread)|
|8 slices rye bread|
|1 clove garlic, (halved)|
|1 dill pickle, (sliced very thin)|
|3/4 lb corned beef, (sliced thin)|
|1 cup Swiss cheese, (coarsely grated)|
|Mustard, (for garnish)|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|Pepper, (to taste)|
- Heat a skillet to medium heat, add onions, stir and cook until golden.
- Once onions are cooked, add sauerkraut and apple to skillet, cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add water, season with salt and pepper. Transfer skillet ingredients to a bowl.
- Preheat broiler. Set rack 4-inches from heat source.
- Place garlic in food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Pour garlic into a small bowl, combine with butter.
- Butter one side of each slice of rye bread. Arrange bread on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet in oven.
- Broil they lightly toasted. Remove from oven.
- Evenly divide pickles and corned beef among each slice. Spread onion mixture and cheese on top. Broil until cheese is melted. Remove from oven.
- Place halves together to form sandwiches. Serve with mustard and enjoy!
|Cooking Method:||Broil, Pan-Fry|
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >