May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chili Verde Pork
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Ultra-tender and incredibly delicious.
|1 teaspoon dried oregano|
|3 tablespoon green chile powder|
|1 tablespoon ground cumin|
|1 can green enchilada sauce, 19 oz.|
|1 can salsa verde, 7 oz.|
|1 can tomatillos, with liquid, 32 oz.|
|Vegetable oil, for cooking|
|3 1/2 lb pork sirloin, cubed|
|2 cups minced onions|
|1 1/2 tablespoons pressed garlic|
|2 lb green chiles, diced|
|2 cups minced green peppers|
|Salt, to taste|
|1 teaspoon lime juice|
|1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves|
- Stir together oregano, cumin and chile powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- Pour enchilada sauce and salsa verde into a large pot. Crush tomatillos inside the pot.
- Sprinkle chile powder mixture over the tomatillo mixture. Stir together and bring the pot to a boil. After boiling, reduce heat and let simmer. Stirring every few minutes.
- Pour vegetable oil in a skillet. Bring skillet to medium heat, place pork sirloin in skillet, add onions and garlic to skillet and brown together.
- Drain liquid from skillet, add pork, onions and garlic to the pot and stir together. Add green chilies, stir and let simmer for 2 hours.
- Add green peppers to the pot and season with salt. Let pot simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Spoon chili verde pork onto serving plates, sprinkle on cilantro and lime juice.
See Other Recipes Like This
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >