May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Shrimp Scampi with Linguini
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
`The classic dish brought into your home.
|1 lb. linguini|
|4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil|
|4 tablespoons butter|
|2 shallots, finely diced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 pinch red pepper flakes|
|1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|Sea salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
|2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|1/4 cup parsley leaves, finely chopped|
- Cook linguini according to package directions, until al dente. Drain pasta and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, put 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet that is set over medium-high heat. When butter is melted, add shallots, garlic and red pepper flakes; saute for about 3 to 4 minutes, until shallots are translucent.
- Season shrimp with salt and black pepper; add shrimp to skillet. Cook shrimp for about 2 to 3 minutes, until they have turned pink. Remove shrimp from skillet; set aside and keep warm.
- Add lemon juice and wine to skillet; bring to a boil.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter. When butter is melted return shrimp to skillet, along with the cooked pasta and parsley. Stir ingredients together, and season with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer to servings plates and enjoy!
|Cooking Method:||Boil, Skillet|