Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Moroccan Style Vegan Stew
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A rich and hearty meal that’s very healthy.
|1 yellow bell pepper, (stemmed and chopped)|
|3 dates, (pitted and chopped)|
|2 cups cooked chickpeas|
|Crushed chili flakes|
|1/2 cup coconut oil|
|2 sweet potatoes, (peeled and chopped)|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|2 cloves garlic, (minced)|
|1 teaspoon cumin|
|3 cups vegetable stock|
|2 carrots, (chopped)|
|Ground black pepper, (to taste)|
|2 teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|1 can crushed tomatoes|
|1 onion, (diced small)|
|1 teaspoon ground coriander|
- Pour coconut oil into large pot. Heat to medium. Once hot, add onions and reduce heat. Cook until onion is soft,
- Add chili flakes, cumin and coriander to pot and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for additional minute.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, dates and sweet potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and stir ingredients together.
- Pour in vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and yellow bell pepper, season with salt and pepper and stir together. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Spoon stew into serving bowls and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >