Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Moroccan Style Vegan Stew
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A rich and hearty meal that’s very healthy.
|1 yellow bell pepper, (stemmed and chopped)|
|3 dates, (pitted and chopped)|
|2 cups cooked chickpeas|
|Crushed chili flakes|
|1/2 cup coconut oil|
|2 sweet potatoes, (peeled and chopped)|
|Salt, (to taste)|
|2 cloves garlic, (minced)|
|1 teaspoon cumin|
|3 cups vegetable stock|
|2 carrots, (chopped)|
|Ground black pepper, (to taste)|
|2 teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|1 can crushed tomatoes|
|1 onion, (diced small)|
|1 teaspoon ground coriander|
- Pour coconut oil into large pot. Heat to medium. Once hot, add onions and reduce heat. Cook until onion is soft,
- Add chili flakes, cumin and coriander to pot and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for additional minute.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, dates and sweet potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and stir ingredients together.
- Pour in vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and yellow bell pepper, season with salt and pepper and stir together. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Spoon stew into serving bowls and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Treat Mom Like a Queen
Treat mom to a special home cooked meal this Mother's Day. We have a variety of easy and delicious dishes she's sure to love. View Recipes >
A simple collection of delicious family-style recipes
Planning out the weekly dinner menu? Tired of the same dishes week after week? Try these tasty entrees for a scrumptious change of pace. View Recipes >
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Take a fiesta of flavor to the table with delicious Mexican dishes that will make your taste buds go loco! View Recipes >