Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Vegan Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A lighter, creamier and richer version of the classic dish, that’s healthier.
|1 tablespoon lemon juice|
|1/4 teaspoon turmeric|
|1 cup unsweetened coconut milk|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt, (more for boiling water)|
|1 lb elbow macaroni|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 teaspoon onion powder|
|1 clove garlic|
|1/2 tablespoon soy sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon chili powder|
|1 head cauliflower, (florets only)|
|1/4 cup nutritional yeast|
|Water, (for boiling)|
- Fill a large pot with water. Add salt and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta and cook according to directions. Drain water and return to pot.
- Break apart cauliflower florets and place in a steamer. Steam for 10 minutes then transfer to a blender.
- Add lemon juice, turmeric, coconut milk, salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic, soy sauce, chili powder and yeast to blender. Blend on high until ingredients reach a creamy, smooth consistency.
- Pour half the sauce into the pot. Stir sauce and pasta together very well.
- Spoon macaroni and cheese into serving bowls. Pour remaining sauce over top and enjoy.
|Course:||Dinner, lunch, snack|
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Treat Mom Like a Queen
Treat mom to a special home cooked meal this Mother's Day. We have a variety of easy and delicious dishes she's sure to love. View Recipes >
A simple collection of delicious family-style recipes
Planning out the weekly dinner menu? Tired of the same dishes week after week? Try these tasty entrees for a scrumptious change of pace. View Recipes >
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!
Take a fiesta of flavor to the table with delicious Mexican dishes that will make your taste buds go loco! View Recipes >