Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Vegan Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A lighter, creamier and richer version of the classic dish, that’s healthier.
|1 tablespoon lemon juice|
|1/4 teaspoon turmeric|
|1 cup unsweetened coconut milk|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt, (more for boiling water)|
|1 lb elbow macaroni|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 teaspoon onion powder|
|1 clove garlic|
|1/2 tablespoon soy sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon chili powder|
|1 head cauliflower, (florets only)|
|1/4 cup nutritional yeast|
|Water, (for boiling)|
- Fill a large pot with water. Add salt and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta and cook according to directions. Drain water and return to pot.
- Break apart cauliflower florets and place in a steamer. Steam for 10 minutes then transfer to a blender.
- Add lemon juice, turmeric, coconut milk, salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic, soy sauce, chili powder and yeast to blender. Blend on high until ingredients reach a creamy, smooth consistency.
- Pour half the sauce into the pot. Stir sauce and pasta together very well.
- Spoon macaroni and cheese into serving bowls. Pour remaining sauce over top and enjoy.
|Course:||Dinner, lunch, snack|
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >