Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Southwest Style Pot Roast with Cornbread
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A delicious twist on the classic pot roast.
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|4 lb boneless beef shoulder roast|
|14 oz tomatoes with green chilies, diced, undrained|
|1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder|
- Pour chili powder into a mixing bowl. Place beef into bowl, coat with chili powder. Press chili powder into beef.
- Pour oil into stockpot. Heat oil on medium heat until hot. Place beef into stockpot and brown evenly. Pour out drippings from pot.
- Add tomatoes and green chilies to pot with roast, bring pot to a boil. Once boiling reduce heat and place lid on pot. Simmer for 2-3 hours, until the roast is very tender.
- Take roast out of pot, strain liquid to remove fat, keep liquid and return to stockpot. Bring pot to a boil, cook sauce 8-10 minutes.
- While sauce is cooking, warm cornbread.
- Carve roast, drizzle sauce over roast. Serve with cornbread.
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >