Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Southwest Style Pot Roast with Cornbread
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A delicious twist on the classic pot roast.
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|4 lb boneless beef shoulder roast|
|14 oz tomatoes with green chilies, diced, undrained|
|1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder|
- Pour chili powder into a mixing bowl. Place beef into bowl, coat with chili powder. Press chili powder into beef.
- Pour oil into stockpot. Heat oil on medium heat until hot. Place beef into stockpot and brown evenly. Pour out drippings from pot.
- Add tomatoes and green chilies to pot with roast, bring pot to a boil. Once boiling reduce heat and place lid on pot. Simmer for 2-3 hours, until the roast is very tender.
- Take roast out of pot, strain liquid to remove fat, keep liquid and return to stockpot. Bring pot to a boil, cook sauce 8-10 minutes.
- While sauce is cooking, warm cornbread.
- Carve roast, drizzle sauce over roast. Serve with cornbread.
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >