Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Black Bean Soup
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Thick, rich and easy to make!
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1/2 cup onion, minced|
|3 tablespoons carrot, chopped|
|1/2 cup celery, diced|
|1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced|
|1 tablespoon garlic, minced|
|1 teaspoon chili powder|
|1 1/2 teaspoons cumin, ground|
|1 teaspoon oregano, dried|
|1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|3 cans black beans, rinsed and drained|
|2 cups vegetable broth|
|1 cup water|
|green onions, sliced|
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, and bell pepper; cook until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and black pepper; stir and saute 3 minutes.
- Add beans, broth, and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Cool slightly before processing in blender.
- Serve with sliced green onions.
See Other Recipes Like This
Enjoy the Oscars with these supremely delicious dishes!
Oscar buzz is in the air. In order to properly honor the occasion, we have a few suggestions on what to serve your guests. Movie themed foods that pay tribute to the nominees. View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
There's nothing quite like hot food on a cold day. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. View Recipes >