Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Black Bean Soup
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Thick, rich and easy to make!
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1/2 cup onion, minced|
|3 tablespoons carrot, chopped|
|1/2 cup celery, diced|
|1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced|
|1 tablespoon garlic, minced|
|1 teaspoon chili powder|
|1 1/2 teaspoons cumin, ground|
|1 teaspoon oregano, dried|
|1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|3 cans black beans, rinsed and drained|
|2 cups vegetable broth|
|1 cup water|
|green onions, sliced|
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, and bell pepper; cook until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and black pepper; stir and saute 3 minutes.
- Add beans, broth, and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Cool slightly before processing in blender.
- Serve with sliced green onions.
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >