Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Black Bean Soup
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Thick, rich and easy to make!
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1/2 cup onion, minced|
|3 tablespoons carrot, chopped|
|1/2 cup celery, diced|
|1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced|
|1 tablespoon garlic, minced|
|1 teaspoon chili powder|
|1 1/2 teaspoons cumin, ground|
|1 teaspoon oregano, dried|
|1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|3 cans black beans, rinsed and drained|
|2 cups vegetable broth|
|1 cup water|
|green onions, sliced|
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, and bell pepper; cook until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and black pepper; stir and saute 3 minutes.
- Add beans, broth, and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Cool slightly before processing in blender.
- Serve with sliced green onions.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >