Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Broiled Skirt Steak with Chili-Roasted Potatoes
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
The classic steak and potatoes meal with a Southwestern twist.
|1 1/2 pounds gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|3 tablespoons olive oil|
|6 thyme sprigs|
|1 teaspoon chili powder|
|1 lemon, quartered|
|1 1/2 pounds skirt steak|
|Salt, to taste|
|Fresh ground pepper, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine potatoes, oil, thyme sprigs, chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt and about 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Transfer potatoes to a roasting pan and cook for about 40 minutes until potatoes are crisp and golden brown; stir once during cooking time. When potatoes are finished cooking remove and set aside.
- Heat broiler. Season steak with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Place steak on a broiler pan then broil for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare or until desired degree of doneness is reached. Transfer to a cutting board and let steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with potatoes and lemon quarters.
|Main Ingredient:||Beef, Skirt Steak|
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >