May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Cordon Bleu Chicken Quesadillas
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
A fancy quesadilla that's plain delicious.
|2 tablespoons butter|
|1 tablespoon flour|
|1 cup milk|
|1 chicken bouillon cube|
|2 tablespoons Dijon mustard|
|1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
|4 tortillas, 8-inch|
|12 slices provolone cheese|
|8 slices deli ham|
|1 cup breadcrumbs|
|1 chicken breast, cooked and thinly sliced|
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium low heat. Whisk in the flour, then slowly pour in the milk while whisking. Add the bouillon cube and whisk until dissolved. Add the mustard and stir to combine. Let simmer for about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir in the parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place one tortilla in the skillet. Layer one slice of provolone cheese and two slices of ham. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over ham. Top with one slice of cheese and a few pieces of sliced chicken. Drizzle Dijon sauce over the top and sprinkle on more breadcrumbs. Add one more slice of provolone cheese. Top with a second tortilla and gently press down.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes, until tortilla is golden brown, and the cheese has melted. Flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the quesadilla from the skillet and repeat the process for the second quesadilla.
- Slice into quarters and use the remaining Dijon sauce for dipping.
|Main Ingredient:||Chicken Breast|
See Other Recipes Like This
Star Spangled Scrumptious!
Get up and celebrate this 4th of July with some seriously delicious dishes! View Recipes >
Delicious Greek yogurt recipes to try at home.
If you love Greek yogurt, but want to shake things up a bit, try these amazing recipes. They're healthy, flavorful and easy to make! View Recipes >