May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Beef and Barley Stew
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Simple and oh so satisfying!
|1 lb extra-lean ground beef|
|1 yellow onion, chopped|
|2/3 cup uncooked barley|
|2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|1 can whole tomatoes, undrained, 14 oz.|
|1 can sliced water chestnuts, undrained, 8 oz.|
|2 cups beef broth|
|1 package frozen mixed vegetables, 10 oz.|
- Heat oven to 350° F. Grease 10-inch non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
- Cook beef and onion in skillet over medium heat for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned. Drain liquids from skillet.
- Combine beef and onions with barley, oregano, salt, pepper, tomatoes, water chestnuts and beef broth, in a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake in oven for 30 minutes. Add frozen vegetables and stir together.
- Cover and bake for an additional 30 - 40 minutes, until barley is tender.
|Main Ingredient:||Ground Beef|
See Other Recipes Like This
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
The Real Flavor of Mardi Gras!
Ah, C'est bon ca (Ah, that's good), describes cajun cooking perfectly. Louisiana has a cuisine that's unlike anywhere else in the United States. Mixing French with Southern, and making something truly unique. View Recipes >