May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Southwest Style Pot Roast with Cornbread
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
A delicious twist on the classic pot roast.
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|4 lb boneless beef shoulder roast|
|14 oz tomatoes with green chilies, diced, undrained|
|1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder|
- Pour chili powder into a mixing bowl. Place beef into bowl, coat with chili powder. Press chili powder into beef.
- Pour oil into stockpot. Heat oil on medium heat until hot. Place beef into stockpot and brown evenly. Pour out drippings from pot.
- Add tomatoes and green chilies to pot with roast, bring pot to a boil. Once boiling reduce heat and place lid on pot. Simmer for 2-3 hours, until the roast is very tender.
- Take roast out of pot, strain liquid to remove fat, keep liquid and return to stockpot. Bring pot to a boil, cook sauce 8-10 minutes.
- While sauce is cooking, warm cornbread.
- Carve roast, drizzle sauce over roast. Serve with cornbread.
See Other Recipes Like This
Fire up the grill for something delicious!
Try something a little different from the ordinary on the grill. Cook up fresh fruits and veggies for a healthy and tasty side. View Recipes >
Easy and Tasty recipes that kids love!
Try out these tried and true classics that kids go bananas over. They're fun, simple and delicious! View Recipes >
Throw something on the barbie!
Summer is here and boy do we have a few delicious recipes for you! Try them out today, you won't regret it! View Recipes >