May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sweet Hawaiian Mini Burgers
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Add a little zing to your hamburger with delicious pineapple.
|1 lb. ground beef|
|1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|4 canned pineapple slices, drained|
|12 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split|
|Lettuce, for topping|
|1/4 cup barbecue sauce|
|1/4 cup pineapple preserves|
|1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed|
- Combine ground beef and Worcestershire sauce in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into twelve 1/2" thick mini patties. Set aside.
- Combine sauce ingredients in small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Bring grill to medium heat. Place patties on grid. Cook uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes. (or 9 to 11 minutes covered)
- Meanwhile brush pineapple slices with sauce and place on grid around patties. Grill pineapple 4 minutes, turning once and brushing with additional sauce. Remove pineapple, keep warm. Brush burgers with remaining sauce after turning.
- Cut each pineapple slice into thirds. Line bottom of each roll with lettuce, top with burger, then with pineapple piece. Close sandwiches.