Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Hearty, tasty and slightly spicy.
|3 tablespoons cooking oil|
|1 lb. lean round steak, cut into bite-sized strips|
|1 cup onion, chopped|
|1 cup green bell peppers, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 can kidney beans, 16 oz., with liquid|
|2 cups tomatoes, chopped|
|1 can tomato sauce, 16 oz.|
|1 cup beef broth|
|1 can black-eyed peas, 16 oz.|
|1 hot chilies|
|2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped|
|1 tablespoon basil, chopped|
|1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed|
|1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1 bay leaf|
|1 cup niblet corn, fresh or frozen|
|Salt, to taste|
|Cheddar cheese, shredded for garnish|
- What better way to pair up a nice mellow Chilean Merlot than with a Chilean chili recipe that is as complex in flavor as the wine itself.
- In a large Dutch oven or stockpot, heat half of the oil. Brown the meat in the hot oil on all sides.
- Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain off the fat. Add the remaining oil to the pan, saute the onion, bell pepper and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked beef, kidney beans and liquid, chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, black-eyed peas, chilies, cilantro, basil, brown sugar, Worcestershire and bay leaf.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the corn and salt to taste, cooking for 5 minutes more. Remove the bay leaf.
- Serve in bowls topped with shredded cheddar cheese.
|Main Ingredient:||Black Beans, Beans, Legumes, Kidney Beans|
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >