Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Gluten-Free Onion Rings
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A healthy way to enjoy this old-fashioned comfort food.
|vegetable oil, (for frying)|
|3 cups gluten-free pancake mix|
|2 tsp. chili powder|
|2 cups cold seltzer|
|3 large onions, (cut crosswise into 1/2 inch slices and separated into rings)|
- Place 3 inches of oil in a large, deep skillet then heat over medium-high heat until it registers 380° F on a deep-fat thermometer.
- While oil heats, place gluten-free pancake mix, chili powder and 1.5 teaspoons salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the seltzer until a smooth batter forms.
- Working in batches, place onion rings in batter to coat. Let excess batter drip off onion rings then add to oil; fry for about 2 minutes, until golden, turning once during cooking time.
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with salt.
|Course:||Side, appetizer, snack|
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >