Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Caribbean Chicken and Citrus Salad
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Enjoy this flavorful salad when you're in the mood for something different.
|1 1/2 lb. chicken tenderloins|
|3/4 cup Caribbean jerk marinade|
|8 cups salad spring mix|
|1/2 cup mint leaves, torn|
|2 nectarines, sliced|
|2 pink grapefruit, peel and pith removed, segmented|
|2 navel oranges, peel and pith removed, segmented|
|1 mango, sliced|
|1/2 cup red onion, diced very finely|
|2 Tbsp. ginger|
|2 Tbsp. tarragon|
|1/3 cup rice vinegar|
|2 tsp. Dijon mustard|
|2 Tbsp. orange juice|
|1/4 tsp. hot sauce|
|1 lemon, zested|
|1/2 tsp. salt|
|1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 cup canola oil|
- In shallow dish or container, place chicken and cover with jerk marinade. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for one hour, or up to overnight.
- Make dressing by combining ginger, tarragon, rice vinegar, mustard, orange juice, hot sauce, lemon zest and salt in bowl of food processor or in blender. Blend, slowly adding oils until dressing is emulsified.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade. In a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, place chicken and cook, turning, until golden brown and done throughout, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove chicken from heat and cool slightly.
- In large bowl, combine greens, mint, nectarines, grapefruit, oranges, mango and onion. Add half of dressing and toss to combine. Add cooled chicken; toss salad again. Divide salad between four plates to serve. Pass extra dressing on the side, if desired.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >