Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Caribbean Chicken and Citrus Salad
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Enjoy this flavorful salad when you're in the mood for something different.
|1 1/2 lb. chicken tenderloins|
|3/4 cup Caribbean jerk marinade|
|8 cups salad spring mix|
|1/2 cup mint leaves, torn|
|2 nectarines, sliced|
|2 pink grapefruit, peel and pith removed, segmented|
|2 navel oranges, peel and pith removed, segmented|
|1 mango, sliced|
|1/2 cup red onion, diced very finely|
|2 Tbsp. ginger|
|2 Tbsp. tarragon|
|1/3 cup rice vinegar|
|2 tsp. Dijon mustard|
|2 Tbsp. orange juice|
|1/4 tsp. hot sauce|
|1 lemon, zested|
|1/2 tsp. salt|
|1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 cup canola oil|
- In shallow dish or container, place chicken and cover with jerk marinade. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for one hour, or up to overnight.
- Make dressing by combining ginger, tarragon, rice vinegar, mustard, orange juice, hot sauce, lemon zest and salt in bowl of food processor or in blender. Blend, slowly adding oils until dressing is emulsified.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade. In a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, place chicken and cook, turning, until golden brown and done throughout, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove chicken from heat and cool slightly.
- In large bowl, combine greens, mint, nectarines, grapefruit, oranges, mango and onion. Add half of dressing and toss to combine. Add cooled chicken; toss salad again. Divide salad between four plates to serve. Pass extra dressing on the side, if desired.
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >