Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Caribbean Chicken and Citrus Salad
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Enjoy this flavorful salad when you're in the mood for something different.
|1 1/2 lb. chicken tenderloins|
|3/4 cup Caribbean jerk marinade|
|8 cups salad spring mix|
|1/2 cup mint leaves, torn|
|2 nectarines, sliced|
|2 pink grapefruit, peel and pith removed, segmented|
|2 navel oranges, peel and pith removed, segmented|
|1 mango, sliced|
|1/2 cup red onion, diced very finely|
|2 Tbsp. ginger|
|2 Tbsp. tarragon|
|1/3 cup rice vinegar|
|2 tsp. Dijon mustard|
|2 Tbsp. orange juice|
|1/4 tsp. hot sauce|
|1 lemon, zested|
|1/2 tsp. salt|
|1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 cup canola oil|
- In shallow dish or container, place chicken and cover with jerk marinade. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for one hour, or up to overnight.
- Make dressing by combining ginger, tarragon, rice vinegar, mustard, orange juice, hot sauce, lemon zest and salt in bowl of food processor or in blender. Blend, slowly adding oils until dressing is emulsified.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade. In a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, place chicken and cook, turning, until golden brown and done throughout, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove chicken from heat and cool slightly.
- In large bowl, combine greens, mint, nectarines, grapefruit, oranges, mango and onion. Add half of dressing and toss to combine. Add cooled chicken; toss salad again. Divide salad between four plates to serve. Pass extra dressing on the side, if desired.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >