Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Southwest Shepherds Pie
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
This dish is as delicious as it is hearty.
|3 hatch chiles, seeded and chopped|
|1 can corn, 15 oz.|
|1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs|
|2 russet potatoes, peeled and quartered|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|1 1/2 cups medium heat salsa|
|1/2 onion, chopped|
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin|
|1 cup shredded cheddar cheese|
|1/3 cup chopped cilantro|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1 can white cannellini beans, drained and rinsed, 15.5 oz.|
|2 teaspoons minced garlic|
- Pour chopped onion in the bottom of a large slow cooker. Place cannellini beans, chicken thighs and corn on top of onions. Combine garlic, 1 cup salsa, cumin and hatch chiles in a mixing bowl. Bowl mixture over chicken thighs. Place lid on top of slow cooker and cook for 8-10 hours on low heat.
- Shred chicken with a fork. Add cilantro to slow cooker and stir together.
- Place potatoes in a small pot. Season with salt and cover with water. Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook potatoes for 10 minutes. Drain water, leave potatoes in pot.
- Move one oven rack to top rung of oven and the other to the bottom rung. Turn the broiler to high and place a medium casserole dish in the oven to warm up.
- Add remaining salsa and sour cream to potatoes. Ladle 1/2 cup of the liquid from the slow cooker. Pour in the potatoes and use electric blender to mash together. Repeat process until potatoes become whipped and creamy. Add shredded cheese and stir in.
- Remove casserole dish from oven. Ladle out contents from slow cooker and pour casserole dish. Spoon mashed potatoes on top, spread potatoes out with a fork. Place casserole dish in oven and broil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
See Other Recipes Like This
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >