Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Foil Packet Sweet Potato Tacos
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Healthy and absolutely delicious!
|1/2 tablespoon chili powder|
|1 jalapeno, (seeded and chopped)|
|2 lb ground turkey|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|2 cans black beans, (rinsed and drained)|
|16 oz tomato sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, (more for seasoning)|
|4 sweet potatoes, (peeled and chopped)|
|1/2 cup finely chopped onion|
|2 cups chopped spinach|
|2 teaspoons ground coriander|
|1/3 cup water|
|1 teaspoon salt, (more for seasoning)|
|Garnishes, (if desired)|
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Bring a skillet to medium heat. Once hot, add black pepper, ground turkey, onion and salt. Cook until meat is thoroughly browned.
- Sprinkle coriander, chili powder, jalapeno, cumin and tomato sauce into skillet. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour water into skillet then add black beans and spinach. Cook for 4 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Measure out six 12-inch foil pieces. Spray a small amount of cooking spray in the center of each foil piece.
- Place a cup of chopped sweet potatoes in center of foil. Spread out evenly. Sprinkle a small amount of salt and pepper over sweet potatoes. Place 1/2 cup of meat mixture over sweet potatoes.
- Bring edges of foil together and fold down tightly. Seal and crimp edges to form a packet.
- Arrange foil packets on a baking sheet and place in oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >