Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Foil Packet Sweet Potato Tacos
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Healthy and absolutely delicious!
|1/2 tablespoon chili powder|
|1 jalapeno, (seeded and chopped)|
|2 lb ground turkey|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|2 cans black beans, (rinsed and drained)|
|16 oz tomato sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, (more for seasoning)|
|4 sweet potatoes, (peeled and chopped)|
|1/2 cup finely chopped onion|
|2 cups chopped spinach|
|2 teaspoons ground coriander|
|1/3 cup water|
|1 teaspoon salt, (more for seasoning)|
|Garnishes, (if desired)|
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Bring a skillet to medium heat. Once hot, add black pepper, ground turkey, onion and salt. Cook until meat is thoroughly browned.
- Sprinkle coriander, chili powder, jalapeno, cumin and tomato sauce into skillet. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour water into skillet then add black beans and spinach. Cook for 4 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Measure out six 12-inch foil pieces. Spray a small amount of cooking spray in the center of each foil piece.
- Place a cup of chopped sweet potatoes in center of foil. Spread out evenly. Sprinkle a small amount of salt and pepper over sweet potatoes. Place 1/2 cup of meat mixture over sweet potatoes.
- Bring edges of foil together and fold down tightly. Seal and crimp edges to form a packet.
- Arrange foil packets on a baking sheet and place in oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >