Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Crunchy Cinnamon Pecan Topping
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Complete your holiday feast with this irresistible side dish.
|1/2 cup flour|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|6 tablespoons butter, (sliced)|
|3/4 cup brown sugar, (firmly packed)|
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|1 cup dried cranberries|
|1 cup chopped pecans|
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger|
|2 tablespoons orange juice|
|3 lb sweet potatoes, (cut into small chunks)|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Combine orange juice, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 cup brown sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Drop in sweet potato chunks and toss. Coat evenly.
- Spoon dish into a large baking dish. Sprinkle dried cranberries on top of sweet potatoes. Top with 2 tablespoons of butter slices. Cover top of baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- As sweet potatoes are baking. Combine remaining ground cinnamon and ginger with remaining brown sugar. Mix well and add remaining butter. Stir together with a fork until crumbly. Add chopped pecans and stir together.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven. Stir gently and top with sugared pecan mixture.
- Place baking dish back in oven and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes. (Top should be lightly browned)
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >