Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Tasty and Healthy Falafels
Rate this Recipe
Serves 20 |
Wholesome and tasty, this is one side you’ll make again and again.
|1 teaspoon cumin|
|1 green bell pepper, (diced)|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 can chickpeas, (drained)|
|2 tablespoons cilantro, (finely chopped)|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|1/2 onion, (chopped)|
|4 cloves garlic|
|1 tomato, (chopped)|
|4 tablespoons flour|
|2 tablespoons parsley, (finely chopped)|
|1 teaspoon dried hot pepper|
- Combine cumin, salt, chickpeas, cilantro, onion and hot pepper in a food processor. Blend well, not pureed.
- Add flour and baking powder to mixture and pulse. (Once it forms a sticky dough ball, place in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and form into walnut sized balls.
- Pour vegetable oil into a pot, at least three inches deep. Heat to 375° F.
- Place 6 balls into oil and cook for 3-5 minutes. (Until golden brown) Remove from oil and place on paper towels. Repeat with remaining balls.
- Stuff cooled balls with bell peppers and tomatoes.
- Drizzle tahina sauce over the tops and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >