Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Tasty and Healthy Falafels
Rate this Recipe
Serves 20 |
Wholesome and tasty, this is one side you’ll make again and again.
|1 teaspoon cumin|
|1 green bell pepper, (diced)|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 can chickpeas, (drained)|
|2 tablespoons cilantro, (finely chopped)|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|1/2 onion, (chopped)|
|4 cloves garlic|
|1 tomato, (chopped)|
|4 tablespoons flour|
|2 tablespoons parsley, (finely chopped)|
|1 teaspoon dried hot pepper|
- Combine cumin, salt, chickpeas, cilantro, onion and hot pepper in a food processor. Blend well, not pureed.
- Add flour and baking powder to mixture and pulse. (Once it forms a sticky dough ball, place in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and form into walnut sized balls.
- Pour vegetable oil into a pot, at least three inches deep. Heat to 375° F.
- Place 6 balls into oil and cook for 3-5 minutes. (Until golden brown) Remove from oil and place on paper towels. Repeat with remaining balls.
- Stuff cooled balls with bell peppers and tomatoes.
- Drizzle tahina sauce over the tops and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >