Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Tasty and Healthy Falafels
Rate this Recipe
Serves 20 |
Wholesome and tasty, this is one side you’ll make again and again.
|1 teaspoon cumin|
|1 green bell pepper, (diced)|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 can chickpeas, (drained)|
|2 tablespoons cilantro, (finely chopped)|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|1/2 onion, (chopped)|
|4 cloves garlic|
|1 tomato, (chopped)|
|4 tablespoons flour|
|2 tablespoons parsley, (finely chopped)|
|1 teaspoon dried hot pepper|
- Combine cumin, salt, chickpeas, cilantro, onion and hot pepper in a food processor. Blend well, not pureed.
- Add flour and baking powder to mixture and pulse. (Once it forms a sticky dough ball, place in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and form into walnut sized balls.
- Pour vegetable oil into a pot, at least three inches deep. Heat to 375° F.
- Place 6 balls into oil and cook for 3-5 minutes. (Until golden brown) Remove from oil and place on paper towels. Repeat with remaining balls.
- Stuff cooled balls with bell peppers and tomatoes.
- Drizzle tahina sauce over the tops and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >