Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chocolate Coeur a la Creme
Rate this Recipe
Serves 2 |
Extra sweet and rich, the perfect dessert.
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
|3 tablespoons cocoa Powder|
|1 tablespoon butter|
|3 oz cream cheese, softened|
|1/2 cup powdered sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 oz frozen strawberries in syrup|
|1 tablespoon cherry brandy (if desired)|
- Line two 1/2-cup coeur a la creme molds or two 6-ounce custard cups with double thickness of dampened cheesecloth, extending far enough beyond edges to enclose filling completely.
- Combine 1/4 cup whipping cream, cocoa and butter in small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from heat; cool.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in small bowl until smooth. Add cocoa mixture, blending well. Add remaining 1/4 cup whipping cream; beat until well blended. Spoon mixture into prepared molds. Fold cheesecloth over top. Place a wire rack in a tray or deep plate; place molds on rack.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. To serve, pull back cheesecloth and invert each mold onto a chilled dessert plate; carefully remove cheesecloth. Serve with strawberry Sauce.
- For Strawberry Sauce
- Puree strawberries in light syrup, thawed, in food processor bowl or blender container.
- Strain puree through fine sieve into small bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon kirsch (cherry brandy), if desired.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >