Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Sweet and Smoky Roasted Turkey
Rate this Recipe
Serves 1 turkey |
Slow roasted turkey is juicy, tender and utterly succulent.
|12 oz honey|
|1/2 pound mesquite wood chips|
|2 tablespoons ground black pepper|
|1 turkey, (12-20 lb.)|
|2 tablespoons celery salt|
|2 tablespoons basil, (chopped)|
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|2 tablespoons sage, (chopped)|
- Soak wood chips for at least 1 hour before using.
- Turn the grill to high heat or double the amount of coals if using charcoal. Place wood chips in pan, set it next to the grill.
- Remove unwanted parts from turkey and discard. Rinse the turkey off and pat dry. Place into a roasting pan.
- Combine basil, black pepper, vegetable oil, sage and celery salt in a mixing bowl. Baste the entire turkey with the mixture. Flip turkey around and loosely cover with aluminum foil.
- Place the turkey in the grill and place the woodchip pan in the grill, or toss a handful of chips onto the coals. Close lid and cook for an hour.
- After an hour, toss more chips into the fire and drizzle honey on top of the turkey. Replace the foil tent and close lid again. Cook for 2 more hours.
- After two hours, remove aluminum and pour the rest of the honey on top of the turkey, then place lid back on and cook 15 more minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >