Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Saucy Penne Rigate
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Healthy and delicious pasta dish that’s very simple to prepare.
|12 oz penne rigate, (uncooked whole-wheat)|
|1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|8 basil leaves, (fresh, thinly, sliced)|
|2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil|
|1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, (shredded)|
|3/4 teaspoon kosher salt|
|26 oz tomatoes, (strained)|
- Heat a large saucepan to medium-high heat. Sauté olive oil, pepper flakes, tomatoes and salt for 1 minute. Bring pan to a boil. After boiling, reduce heat and simmer ingredients for 20 minutes.
- While sauce pan is simmering, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain water, transfer pasta to serving bowls.
- Spoon tomato sauce over pasta, sprinkle basil and Parmesan.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >