Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Filet Mignon with Mushroom Gravy
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Filet mignon is excellent when smothered with mushroom gravy.
|4 filet mignon steaks, trimmed|
|1 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/2 cup onion, finely chopped|
|1 cup mushrooms, sliced|
|1 teaspoon garlic, minced|
|1/2 cup beef broth|
|1/3 cup sour cream|
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray then heat over medium-high heat. Season steak with salt and black pepper then add to skillet. Cook steaks 3 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness is reached. Remove steaks from pan and set aside.
- Add onion and mushrooms to skillet; saute for 4 minutes. Add garlic to skillet; saute for 1 minute. Stir in broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover skillet and simmer ingredients for about 3 minutes.
- Spoon sour cream into a medium size bowl. Slowly add onion-mushroom mixture into sour cream, constantly whisking. Stir in minced parsley then serve with steak.
|Main Ingredient:||Beef, Filet Mignon|
See Other Recipes Like This
Nothing beats good old-fashioned slow cooked food!
These recipes are full of flavor and easy to make. From classic roasts to hearty stews, there's something for everyone. View Recipes >
Classic Holiday Recipes with a Twist
Try these delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving meal. They're easy to prepare, fun to make, the whole family will love them. Share your passion for cooking and do something a little different this holiday season. Great tasting recipes from turkey and stuffing to mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. Don't forget the pumpkin pie! View Recipes >
What to eat before the Big Meal?
Here are a few recipe ideas to have before your Thanksgiving Day meal. Why not start off the day with something a little sweeter? Maybe a dish with apples? The perfect fall fruit, crisp, juicy and delicious. Or maybe you're in the mood for a hearty brunch, something with a little of everything. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >