Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Braised Chuck Roast with Potatoes
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Put a comfort meal on the table with this flavorful roast.
|4 lb. boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat|
|1 tablespoon allspice seasoning|
|Salt, to taste|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|3 onions, peeled, halved then sliced|
|2 bell peppers, rinsed, dried, cored, seeded and chopped|
|8 oz. whole mushrooms, cleaned and dried|
|1 cup beef broth|
|1 cup red wine|
|2 1/2 lb. red potatoes, rinsed, dried, peeled then halved|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- Rub roast all over with Cajun seasoning then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place roast in a large, heavy-duty food storage bag; seal bag then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat olive oil over medium-low heat in a large Dutch oven. Add onions, cooking and stirring until onions are browned and tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add peppers and mushrooms; cook for 3 minutes. Remove vegetables to a plate then turn the heat up to medium high.
- Add roast to Dutch oven and sear on all sides.
- Add cooked vegetables back to Dutch oven, along with broth and wine. Bring ingredients to a boil then reduce heat to medium; cook for 10 to 15 minutes, uncovered, until reduced by about one-third.
- Cover Dutch oven then reduce heat to low. Simmer roast for 3 ½ hours.
- Add potatoes and cook until potatoes are tender and meat is tender and fully cooked, about 30 to 45 minutes longer.
|Main Ingredient:||Beef, Chuck Roast|
|Cooking Method:||Slow Cooker|
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >