Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Turkish Pita Burgers
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Shake up the menu with this interesting twist on the burger.
|1 pound lean ground round|
|1 large egg white, lightly beaten|
|2 tablespoons tomato paste|
|1/3 cup breadcrumbs, dry|
|1/2 cup white onion, chopped|
|1 teaspoon garlic, minced|
|1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped|
|1/8 teaspoon allspice, ground|
|1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground|
|1/2 tsp. cumin, ground|
|1/4 teaspoon red pepper, ground|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|4 6" pitas, cut in halves|
|2 plum tomatoes, cut into 8 (1/4" thick) slices|
|1/4 cup plain yogurt|
- Preheat broiler.
- Coat a jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- Place ground round, egg white, tomato paste, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, mint, allspice, cinnamon, cumin, red pepper and salt in a large bowl; stir until just combined.
- Shape the mixture into 8 (2") patties.
- Set patties on jelly roll pan then broil 4 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness is reached.
- Tuck each patty into a pita half so that you have 8 pita burgers.
- Tuck a tomato slice into each pita burger then top each tomato slice with approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons yogurt.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >