Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Turkish Pita Burgers
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Shake up the menu with this interesting twist on the burger.
|1 pound lean ground round|
|1 large egg white, lightly beaten|
|2 tablespoons tomato paste|
|1/3 cup breadcrumbs, dry|
|1/2 cup white onion, chopped|
|1 teaspoon garlic, minced|
|1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped|
|1/8 teaspoon allspice, ground|
|1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground|
|1/2 tsp. cumin, ground|
|1/4 teaspoon red pepper, ground|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|4 6" pitas, cut in halves|
|2 plum tomatoes, cut into 8 (1/4" thick) slices|
|1/4 cup plain yogurt|
- Preheat broiler.
- Coat a jelly roll pan with cooking spray.
- Place ground round, egg white, tomato paste, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, mint, allspice, cinnamon, cumin, red pepper and salt in a large bowl; stir until just combined.
- Shape the mixture into 8 (2") patties.
- Set patties on jelly roll pan then broil 4 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness is reached.
- Tuck each patty into a pita half so that you have 8 pita burgers.
- Tuck a tomato slice into each pita burger then top each tomato slice with approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons yogurt.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >