Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Irish Potato Soup
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Rich, hearty and ultra delicious. Enjoy every bite of this soup.
|4 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" thick slices|
|1 cup yellow onion, chopped|
|3 cups milk|
|1/4 teaspoon celery salt|
|1/4 cup parsley|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, spray a medium nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Drain potatoes in a colander. Return potatoes to saucepan. Using a potato masher or a fork, mash potatoes until smooth. Stir in onion, milk, and celery salt. Cook, over medium heat, stirring constantly, until soup is smooth and heated through, about 5 minutes. (Do not boil)
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top with parsley sprigs and sprinkle with pepper. Serve immediately.
See Other Recipes Like This
Crisp on the outside, gooey on the inside.
There are so many variations of the classic sandwich. Find a new favorite and share your love for one of the tastiest sandwiches around. View Recipes >
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >