Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Irish Potato Soup
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Rich, hearty and ultra delicious. Enjoy every bite of this soup.
|4 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2" thick slices|
|1 cup yellow onion, chopped|
|3 cups milk|
|1/4 teaspoon celery salt|
|1/4 cup parsley|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, spray a medium nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Drain potatoes in a colander. Return potatoes to saucepan. Using a potato masher or a fork, mash potatoes until smooth. Stir in onion, milk, and celery salt. Cook, over medium heat, stirring constantly, until soup is smooth and heated through, about 5 minutes. (Do not boil)
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top with parsley sprigs and sprinkle with pepper. Serve immediately.
See Other Recipes Like This
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >