May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A wintertime breakfast staple.
|2 cups flour|
|1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder|
|1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger|
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cloves|
|1 1/4 cups water|
|1/2 cup molasses|
|3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted|
|Maple syrup, for serving|
- Preheat an electric griddle to 350° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Make a well in the center of the mixture and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the water, molasses, and eggs. Add the melted butter and whisk to combine.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients, while whisking. Whisk until just combined. Allow the batter to rest for 5 minutes.
- Once the griddle is hot, pour a generous amount batter onto the griddle. Cook until the bottom is golden brown, and bubbles start to appear on the surface. Then flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >
Incredibly delicious recipes that don't let you down!
Healthy is easy when you have fantastic recipes to follow. Check out these 5 meals that fill you up with naturally tasty ingredients. You won't find any deep fried, artery clogging dishes here, just wholesome, health conscious entrees that put nutrition first. There's a little something for everyone here, from a veggie baked ziti to a broiled salmon with tomatoes. Every recipe is low in fat but high in flavor! View Recipes >