May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Coconut Beer Battered Shrimp
Rate this Recipe
Serves 24 |
Restaurant quality fried shrimp at home.
|24 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|2/3 cup beer, your preference|
|2 cups coconut flakes|
|3/4 cup flour, separated into 1/2 cup and 1/4 cup|
|1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder|
|3 cups cooking oil|
- Whisk together beer, 1/2 cup flour, baking powder and egg in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together 1/4 cup flour and coconut flakes in a separate bowl.
- Individually dip shrimp into the coconut-flour mix. Shake off excess and dip into the beer-egg mix. Let the excess drip off and dip back into the coconut-flour mix. Place shrimp on a plate. Repeat process with remaining shrimp.
- Pour cooking oil into a deep skillet. Bring to medium-high heat. Once hot and bubbling, place shrimp in skillet. Cook for about 4 minutes, until shrimp is golden brown. Place cooked shrimp on a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve shrimp with a dipping sauce and enjoy!
See Other Recipes Like This
Enjoy these dark greens for your health!
Eating your veggies has never been easier. Try these scrumptious recipes that are both healthy and easy to prepare. View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
There's nothing quite like hot food on a cold day. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. View Recipes >