May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Amazing Mushroom Risotto
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A decadent main dish.
|1 lb white mushrooms, trimmed and chopped|
|1 clove garlic, finely chopped|
|1 lb short grain rice|
|6 cups chicken broth|
|2/3 cup red wine|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 onion, finely chopped|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese|
|1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley|
|Salt, to taste|
|Ground black pepper, to taste|
- Pour olive oil into a 5-quart heavy pot. Add butter to pot. Bring to a high heat. Once butter is melted and oil is bubbling, add onions and saute for 5 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms, saute, stirring, until mushrooms are browned.
- Add rice to pot and cook for 1 minute, frequently stirring. Add red wine and cook, frequently stirring, until wine is absorbed.
- Pour in 1 cup of chicken broth into rice and cook, stirring constantly and keeping at a strong simmer, until absorbed.
- Continue cooking and adding broth, 1 cup at a time, stirring frequently and letting each addition be absorbed before adding the next cup of chicken broth. Cook for about 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, season with salt and pepper, and garnish with parsley.
|Main Ingredient:||Mushrooms, Chicken Broth|
See Other Recipes Like This
Tasty Recipes for a Gluten-Free Life
Following a gluten-free lifestyle is easier than ever. There are new recipes coming out daily, everything from muffins and pizza to butter cookies and fried chicken. Eating gluten free doesn't mean the food has to be boring. View Recipes >
Incredibly delicious recipes that don't let you down!
Healthy is easy when you have fantastic recipes to follow. Check out these 5 meals that fill you up with naturally tasty ingredients. You won't find any deep fried, artery clogging dishes here, just wholesome, health conscious entrees that put nutrition first. There's a little something for everyone here, from a veggie baked ziti to a broiled salmon with tomatoes. Every recipe is low in fat but high in flavor! View Recipes >