Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
New York Strip Steaks with Mushroom Marsala Sauce
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|2 lb. mushrooms, cleaned and sliced|
|2 shallots, finely diced|
|2 cups Marsala wine|
|1 Tbsp. thyme leaves, freshly chopped|
|1 cup beef stock|
|8 9 to 10 oz. New York strip steaks|
|black pepper, freshly ground|
|1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter|
|1/2 bunch fresh chives, chopped|
- For the Marsala sauce heat olive oil in a large saute pan, then add mushrooms and shallots to pan. Gently cook until shallots become translucent. Deglaze the pan with wine then add thyme and beef stock. Cook until reduced by two-thirds.
- For steaks, preheat grill to medium-high. Season steaks with salt and black pepper then place on grill rack. Sear steaks on each side and grill until internal temperature reaches 128 degrees F (for medium-rare). Remove steak from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Strain Marsala sauce and whisk in butter to finish; season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Spoon sauce over grilled steaks then garnish with chopped chives.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >