Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
New York Strip Steaks with Mushroom Marsala Sauce
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|2 lb. mushrooms, cleaned and sliced|
|2 shallots, finely diced|
|2 cups Marsala wine|
|1 Tbsp. thyme leaves, freshly chopped|
|1 cup beef stock|
|8 9 to 10 oz. New York strip steaks|
|black pepper, freshly ground|
|1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter|
|1/2 bunch fresh chives, chopped|
- For the Marsala sauce heat olive oil in a large saute pan, then add mushrooms and shallots to pan. Gently cook until shallots become translucent. Deglaze the pan with wine then add thyme and beef stock. Cook until reduced by two-thirds.
- For steaks, preheat grill to medium-high. Season steaks with salt and black pepper then place on grill rack. Sear steaks on each side and grill until internal temperature reaches 128 degrees F (for medium-rare). Remove steak from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Strain Marsala sauce and whisk in butter to finish; season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Spoon sauce over grilled steaks then garnish with chopped chives.
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >