Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Bang Bang Shrimp
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A fantastic seafood dish for weeknight dinners.
|3/4 cup half-and-half|
|1 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter|
|1 1/4 teaspoons coconut extract|
|1 tablespoon canola oil|
|2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces|
|1 bag pre-breaded frozen shrimp, 10 oz|
|1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions|
|3/4 teaspoon curry powder, more to taste|
|3/4 teaspoon ground cumin, more to taste|
|3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes|
|2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger|
|1 teaspoon minced garlic|
|1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces, lightly steamed|
|1 1/2 cups carrot slices, cut at a diagonal, lightly steamed|
|2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts|
|3 cups cooked brown rice|
- Start cooking brown rice. Add 3 tablespoons half-and-half and 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter to 1 cup measure and stir until well blended.
- Stir in rest of half-and-half and coconut extract; set aside.
- Heat canola oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken pieces and shrimp and stir-fry until golden and cooked throughout, about 6 minutes.
- Add green onions, curry, cumin and red pepper (if desired) ginger and garlic, and stir-fry a minute or 2 more. Stir in broccoli florets, carrot slices and half-and-half mixture;
- reduce heat to simmer and let cook, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Season with pepper, if desired. Serve shrimp mixture over a small mound of brown rice. Sprinkle each serving with chopped peanuts, if desired.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >