Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Skillet Shrimp Creole
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Enjoy this easy, tasty and fun to make dish.
|1 cup long-grain white rice|
|2 teaspoons vegetable oil|
|2 stalks celery, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 yellow onion, chopped|
|1 green bell pepper, chopped|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1 can black beans, drained and rinsed|
|1 can crushed tomatoes|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/4 teaspoon crushed hot red pepper flakes|
|1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined|
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add celery, garlic, onion, bell pepper, and fil/(c) powder. Cook, stirring, until tender, about 10 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking, in a small saucepan, cook beans until heated through, about 5 minutes. Cover; keep warm.
- Add tomatoes, wine, black pepper, and red pepper flakes to vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring, until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes. Add shrimp; cook, stirring, until just opaque, 3 minutes.
- Spoon rice and beans onto individual plates. Spoon shrimp mixture on top. Serve immediately.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >