Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Slightly Spicy Wild Rice Soup
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 |
Rich, hearty and fun to make.
|2 cups wild rice, (cooked)|
|1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper|
|1 teaspoon chili powder|
|2 cups corn kernels|
|1/2 cup green chile peppers|
|1/2 teaspoon dried oregano|
|1/3 cup onion, (diced)|
|3 cans chicken broth|
|1 tablespoon cilantro, (chopped)|
|1/3 cup carrots, (diced)|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin|
- Bring a large saucepan to medium heat. Once hot, add corn kernels, onion, 1 can of chicken broth and carrots. Reduce heat and let ingredients simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour in remaining chicken broth to sauce pan. Add wild rice, cayenne pepper, chili powder, oregano and cumin. Stir together and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon soup into serving bowls and top with cilantro.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
Delicious recipes for the afternoon
Who said brown bag lunches have to be a sandwich and apple? View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >