Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A fantastic Fall treat that's perfectly sweet.
|1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces|
|2 lb red apples, peeled, cored and sliced|
|2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|1 cup packed light brown sugar|
|1 cup flour|
|2 tablespoons water|
|1 teaspoon cinnamon|
|1/4 teaspoon cardamom|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 cup steel cut oatmeal|
|1/4 cup chopped walnut pieces|
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Lightly butter an 11 by 7-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Add the apples, lemon juice, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of the flour. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes. Add the water, cinnamon, cardamom and salt, stir well, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining flour, oatmeal and remaining 1/2-cup sugar. Add the remaining 5 tablespoons of butter, work the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add the walnuts and mix well.
- Place the apple mixture in the greased pan and sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the top. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 35 to 40 minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >