Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
A fantastic Fall treat that's perfectly sweet.
|1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces|
|2 lb red apples, peeled, cored and sliced|
|2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|1 cup packed light brown sugar|
|1 cup flour|
|2 tablespoons water|
|1 teaspoon cinnamon|
|1/4 teaspoon cardamom|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 cup steel cut oatmeal|
|1/4 cup chopped walnut pieces|
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Lightly butter an 11 by 7-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Add the apples, lemon juice, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of the flour. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes. Add the water, cinnamon, cardamom and salt, stir well, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining flour, oatmeal and remaining 1/2-cup sugar. Add the remaining 5 tablespoons of butter, work the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add the walnuts and mix well.
- Place the apple mixture in the greased pan and sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the top. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 35 to 40 minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
What dinnertime dilemma?
Delectable dinner options that everyone can enjoy. Whether you're looking for something healthy or hearty, we've got the right dish for you. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >