Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Mac and Cheese Casserole
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
|8 oz elbow macaroni|
|1 cup chopped onions|
|1 cup shredded carrots|
|2 teaspoons minced garlic|
|1 lb. ground beef|
|1 cup tomato sauce|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|1 cup milk|
|2 tablespoon flour|
|1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. After draining pasta, lightly coat with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Add onion and carrot to pan, sauté for 3 minutes. Add garlic to pan, sauté for 45 seconds. Add ground beef to pan, cook until browned, about 5 minutes, stirring while cooking to break up. Add tomato sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper to pan; cook until most of the liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta to mixture in Dutch oven, mix to combine.
- Coat an 11x7-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon pasta mixture into baking dish.
- Place milk, flour, nutmeg and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt into a medium saucepan that is set over medium heat; whisk ingredients until blended. Cook and whisk constantly for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add 1 cup of cheese, whisking until smooth.
- Pour cheese mixture over pasta mixture; stir to combine. Top evenly with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >