Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 to 6 |
Grapefruit and avocado complement each other in this refreshing salad.
|1 tablespoon Dijon mustard|
|1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice|
|1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt|
|3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1/2 cup olive oil|
|2 large grapefruits|
|4 ripe avocados, Directions|
- For the vinaigrette, place mustard, lemon juice, salt and black pepper in a bowl. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking until the ingredients are emulsified. Set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the peel off the grapefruits, remove pith, and release grapefruit segments by cutting between the membranes. Cut the avocados in half, remove seeds and carefully peel off the skin. Cut each avocado half into 4 slices. Place avocado slices into the vinaigrette bowl and toss; this will help prevent the avocados from turning brown.
- Place grapefruit segments in the center of a large platter. Set avocado slices around edges. Spoon vinaigrette atop grapefruit and avocado; season with salt and black pepper.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Enjoy the Deliciousness of Hatch Chiles!
There's a reason hatch chiles are an extremely popular variety of chile, they're spicy but not too hot. They're perfect for nearly every recipe from cornbread to cookies. Try these recipes today! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >