Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 to 6 |
Grapefruit and avocado complement each other in this refreshing salad.
|1 tablespoon Dijon mustard|
|1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice|
|1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt|
|3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1/2 cup olive oil|
|2 large grapefruits|
|4 ripe avocados, Directions|
- For the vinaigrette, place mustard, lemon juice, salt and black pepper in a bowl. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking until the ingredients are emulsified. Set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the peel off the grapefruits, remove pith, and release grapefruit segments by cutting between the membranes. Cut the avocados in half, remove seeds and carefully peel off the skin. Cut each avocado half into 4 slices. Place avocado slices into the vinaigrette bowl and toss; this will help prevent the avocados from turning brown.
- Place grapefruit segments in the center of a large platter. Set avocado slices around edges. Spoon vinaigrette atop grapefruit and avocado; season with salt and black pepper.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >