Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
Rate this Recipe
Serves 4 to 6 |
Grapefruit and avocado complement each other in this refreshing salad.
|1 tablespoon Dijon mustard|
|1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice|
|1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt|
|3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1/2 cup olive oil|
|2 large grapefruits|
|4 ripe avocados, Directions|
- For the vinaigrette, place mustard, lemon juice, salt and black pepper in a bowl. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking until the ingredients are emulsified. Set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the peel off the grapefruits, remove pith, and release grapefruit segments by cutting between the membranes. Cut the avocados in half, remove seeds and carefully peel off the skin. Cut each avocado half into 4 slices. Place avocado slices into the vinaigrette bowl and toss; this will help prevent the avocados from turning brown.
- Place grapefruit segments in the center of a large platter. Set avocado slices around edges. Spoon vinaigrette atop grapefruit and avocado; season with salt and black pepper.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Enjoy these wonderful dishes
Try out these delicious seafood recipes. We have a great variety of fish and preparation methods. Everything from the classic baked salmon to the unique grilled mahi mahi. Find a new favorite today! View Recipes >