May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Country Pumpkin Bread
Rate this Recipe
Serves 2 loaves |
Homemade bread with a sweet pumpkin twist.
|4 eggs, beaten|
|2 1/2 cups sugar|
|3/4 cup shortening|
|2 cups pumpkin puree|
|2/3 cup water|
|3 1/2 cups flour|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1 teaspoon allspice|
|1/2 teaspoon baking powder|
|2 teaspoons baking soda|
|2/3 cup raisins|
|1 cup walnuts, chopped|
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease two loaf pans with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- Cream together eggs, sugar and shortening in a mixing bowl. Stir in pumpkin puree and water.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon, allspice, baking powder and baking soda.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Fold in raisins and chopped walnuts.
- Spoon bater into the two loaf pans and bake for 1 hour.
|Main Ingredient:||Pumpkin Puree|
See Other Recipes Like This
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >