May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Spiced Indian Pudding
Rate this Recipe
Serves 6 |
Richly sweet with notes of warm spices.
|1 1/4 cups molasses|
|1 egg, lightly beaten|
|3 tablespoon butter, more for greasing baking dish|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|3 cups milk|
|3/4 cup cornmeal|
|1 teaspoon ground ginger|
|1/4 cup flour|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|2 cups hot water|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cover inside of baking dish with butter.
- Pour hot water and 2 cups milk into a pot. Bring contents to a boil. Once boiling, add cornmeal and whisk. Reduce heat to medium and cook 12-14 minutes, continually whisk. Remove from heat, add 3 tablespoons butter and whisk.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine salt, cinnamon, egg, flour and ginger. Whisk ingredients together.
- Pour molasses mixture into cornmeal mixture and whisk. After thoroughly mixed, pour mixture into buttered baking dish. Pour in remaining milk and bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >