May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Rate this Recipe
|2 cups self-rising flour|
|2 1/2 tbsp sugar|
|1/8 tsp salt|
|1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold, cut into small pieces|
|3/4 cup milk|
|2 tbsp light cream|
|fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a baking sheet.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Add the butter and rub it into the flour mixture with your fingertips until it resembles very soft coarse meal. Stir in the milk until a very soft dough forms. Do not overwork the dough!
- Drop the dough in to 6 equal portions onto the prepared baking sheet. Lightly pat each portion into a disk and lightly brush the tops of the disks with the cream.
- Bake the biscuits in the center of the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- While the biscuits are still warm, cut them in half, horizontally, and fill with the fruit mixture. If desired, top the biscuits with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Treat Dad Like a King!
Show Dad how much he means to you by preparing his all-time favorite foods. View Recipes >
Mix Up Some Refreshing Summer Flavors
Summer is here, and there's no better way to showcase farm fresh vegetables than with bright, flavorful salads. View Recipes >
Minimal ingredient treats with great taste in no time!
Be surprised what you can make with just a few simple ingredients. Everything from brownies to orange sorbet and everything in between! View Recipes >
In honor of National Dairy Month, here are a few of our favorite recipes. We have a sample of everything from a Macaroni and Cheese Casserole to a Strawberry Milkshake! View Recipes >