Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Black Bean Soup with Ham
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
Hearty, Healthy and Flavorful!
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1/2 cup reduced-sodium lean ham, chopped|
|1 cup yellow onion, chopped|
|1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped|
|3 garlic cloves, minced|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|2 bay leaves|
|1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried|
|2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed|
|2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped|
|1 tablespoon reduced sodium chicken broth|
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot, but not smoking. Add ham; cook, stirring frequently, unti lbrowned, about 3 minutes.
- Add onion and bell pepper to pan; cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and black pepper; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add broth, bay leaves, and oregano to pan; bring ham mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in beans and simmer until mixture thicken slightly, about 15 minutes. Stir in parsely and sherry. Remove bay leaves. Ladle soup into individual bowls. Serve immediately.
|Main Ingredient:||Black Beans, Legumes, Beans|
|Cooking Method:||Boil, Pan-Fry|
See Other Recipes Like This
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy recipes your whole family will love
Tired of loading up your shopping cart with snack foods you know aren't very healthy? We've got a simple solution to your snacking needs. View Recipes >