Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Bodega Bay Fish Chowder
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
|2 Tbsp. butter|
|2 cups onion, chopped|
|4 fresh mushrooms, sliced|
|1 stalk celery, chopped|
|4 cups chicken stock|
|4 cups diced potatoes|
|2 lbs. cod, diced into 1/2" cubes|
|1/8 tsp.or to taste Old Bay Seasoning|
|to taste salt|
|to taste black pepper, ground|
|1 cup clam juice|
|1/2 cup all-purpose flour|
|2 12 fl. oz. cans evaporated milk|
- In a large stockpot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Saute the onions, mushrooms and celery in the butter until tender.
- Add the chicken stock and potatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the fish and simmer another 10 minutes. Season to taste with the Old Bay Seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Mix together the clam juice and flour until smooth and stir into the soup.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the evaporated milk and serve.
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >