Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chili-Crusted Tri-Tip Roast
Rate this Recipe
Serves 8 |
An ultra delicious roast that’s perfect for big families.
|2 lb. beef tri-tip roast|
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|2 teaspoons ground cumin|
|1 teaspoon onion powder|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, ground|
|1/4 teaspoon white pepper, more to taste|
|Salt, to taste|
|Fresh ground pepper, to taste|
- Heat oven to 425° F.
- Combine chili powder cumin, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper in small bowl; press evenly onto roast.
- Place roast in a shallow roasting pan and into oven. Do not add water or cover. Roast for 30-40 minutes for medium rare; 40-45 minutes for medium doneness.
- Remove roast from oven. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Carve roast into thin slices. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >