Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Pecan Butter Cookies
Rate this Recipe
Serves 36 |
|1/2 cup pecan pieces, toasted|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|8 Tbsp. or 1 stick unsalted butter, softened|
|1 tsp. pure vanilla extract|
|1 tsp. fresh orange peel, grated|
|1 large egg yolk, at room temperature|
|1/4 cups all-purpose flour|
|3/4 tsp. baking powder|
|1/4 tsp. salt|
- In a blender or food processor, pulse the pecans with the sugar until the nuts are finely ground. Using an electric mixer at medium speed, cream together butter and pecan-sugar mixture in a large bowl until fluffy. Add vanilla, orange peel and egg yolk and beat on low speed until combined, scraping bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and beat on low speed until combined, scraping bowl. Gather the dough into a ball, flatten it into a disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to 1/8" thickness. Cut out cookies with a 3" cookie cutter. Place on cookie sheet about 1 inch apart. Gather up scraps, reroll the dough and cut out cookies in same manner. Bake 8 to 9 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn golden. Using a spatula, remove cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >