Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice
Rate this Recipe
Serves 10 Cups |
Wholesome, flavorful and easy to prepare.
|1 lb. red beans|
|3/4 lb. smoked turkey sausage, thinly sliced|
|1 tablespoon Creole seasoning|
|1 onion, chopped|
|3 celery ribs, copped|
|1 green bell pepper, chopped|
|1 red bell pepper, chopped|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|long-grain rice, cooked|
- Place beans, sausage, Creole seasoning, onion, celery, bell peppers, and garlic in a slow cooker.
- Add 7 cups of water to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high until beans are tender, about 7 hours.
- Serve bean mixture with hot cooked rice. If desired, serve with hot sauce and finely chopped red onions.
|Main Ingredient:||Rice, Beans|
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >