Hi !My Account
Sign in usingFacebook
Why Sign Up?
- Save recipes
- Build shopping lists
- Get personalized food recommendations based on your food and diet preferences
- Access your shopping list and recipes on your mobile device
- Manage email preferences
- Comment and rate recipes
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Mexican Chicken Soup
Rate this Recipe
|1 lb. chicken breast halves, skinless|
|2 Tbsp. taco seasoning mix|
|1 Tbsp. vegetable oil|
|1/2 cup onions, chopped|
|1/2 cup celery, chopped|
|2 tsp. cumin, ground|
|1/4 tsp. black pepper, ground|
|1 cup water|
|3 14 oz. cans chicken broth|
|1 cup tomatoes, diced|
|1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped|
|1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded|
|1 cup tortilla chips, crushed|
|1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lay chicken breasts onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, cool and shred or cut into strips.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat oil in a stockpot and cook the onions and
- celery until soft. Stir in the water and chicken broth. Season with cumin, black pepper and remaining taco seasoning mix. Simmer for 30 minutes for the flavors to mingle. Add the tomatoes, cilantro and chicken, simmer for 5 more minutes. Serve hot topped with avocado, shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips.
See Other Recipes Like This
Delicious, Healthy and Easy to Make
Whether you're looking to spice up the regular Fall menu or looking for healthier alternatives, we've got a dish for you. View Recipes >
Eating healthy never tasted so good!
Looking for a healthier option to enjoy for lunch or dinner? Check out these delicious Autumn salads. View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >